Thursday, August 2, 2007

Summertime Winter


Finished Object Alert!!!

Pattern: Winter Socks, Magic Loop book, Mens size
Yarn: KnitPicks Swish Superwash (worsted) in Grey, just under 3 balls
Needles: KnitPicks Options 40" Circulars US 6
Modifications: None

This is only the second pair of socks I've ever made. The first pair was for my mom's beau for Christmas last year. I had only been knitting for two months when I'd decided I'd try the sock thang. As much as knitting those socks flew by on the dpns, after a while I got used to using circulars and wanted to try out the Magic Loop method for my next pair. So I cast on for these, and I took months and months to knit them. Poor things kept getting put on the backburner.

This pair was for my boyfriend, who is seen in these photos sporting the warm, wintery things. He loves that they were especially made for his two different sized feet.

PS: Thanks for all the get-well-wishes when I was sick! Summer colds/flus are the pits! I tell ya, I have gotten sick more times in the past two years than I have in my whole life. I blame the building I work in. It's kept at 63 degrees year-round, has terrible ventilation, and there's a "clinic" on the second floor. Recipe for immune system disaster!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda said...

Nice socks! I have been trying to find a good pattern that isn't too boring to knit but isn't too girly for a pair of socks for my dad.

Amanda said...

Great socks! I'm impressed by everyone who manages to finish an entire pair...I got hit by "second sock syndrome" pretty badly. It's been over two years, and I have yet to finish that second sock. Oops.

Dave said...

Wearing them now, my co-workers are impressed.