Saturday, August 18, 2007

Viva Las Road Trip!


Well, oh, well! Where HAVE I been?!

My boyfriend and I went on an old-fashioned road trip down to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park (where we went on a four hour hike on Mount Le Conte), Nashville (where we went to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, ate BBQ sandwiches, and listened to a guitarist in a bar on Broadway), Memphis (where we went to Beale Street and -- most importantly -- visited Graceland!), and then up to Chicago (where we spent some time with my family). And I kid you not, Graceland (seen to the above left) was The Experience! Before, I was merely a casual Elvis fan. The extent of my celebration of Elvis was limited to "Viva Las Vegas." Now... I'm obsessed! I've had an Elvis Awakening, if you will. If you ever have the chance to go, you absolutely must!


While on the road, I knitted up some baby washcloths and burp cloths out of Knit Picks Shine Worsted in Bachelor Button and Cream. Our friends were due to have their baby while we were gone, and lo and behold, the little one arrived last week!

Arranged in a basket, and accompanied by an All Star Baby baseball, from left to right: Alex's Cloth, Ballband Dishcloth, basketweave cloth, another Ballband Dishcloth, and Baby Genuis Burp Cloth. And yeah, sure, some of them are technically dishcloths, but when it comes to spit-up, does it really matter so long as it's mashine washable and dryable? (Credits to Amanda at Yet Another Knitting Blog for the idea!)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I accidentally bought cotton dishcloth yarn at JoAnn Fabrics the other day and made a washcloth... I blame this on you.

-R- said...

Those burp cloths are a good idea. I may steal this idea from you.

Janet said...

For some unknown reason I'm still not on the ballband dishcloth bandwagon. I ask myself why this is EVERY SINGLE TIME i see someone else's. Hmph.
I like the idea of using them as burp clothes, too!
There are definitely some of these in my future....