Monday, September 3, 2007

Knit Your Own Linebacker

Finished Object Alert!!!

Pattern: Two-Tone Ribbed Shrug from Stefanie Japel's Fitted Knits
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash -- 1 skein "Iris" for ribbing and 1 skein "Black" for body
Needles: KnitPicks Options 24" circulars, size US 8 (for body) and US 5 (for ribbing)
Modifications: None!

I didn't even have this baby on my To-Do list, but I thought it would be a nice little somethin' to wear with my little black dress. It was a very quick knit -- for me, at least -- at just under one week of Commuter Train Knitting in Public. I am pleased with the shrug, and I will most likely wear this combo to work tomorrow, but if I knit it again, I'd probably knit a larger size, despite my actual shoulder-to-shoulder measurement, to reduce the way my shoulders look like those of a linebacker.

Happy Labor Day!

3 comments:

CraftyGryphon said...

Nah, you don't look at all like a linebacker; just like someone with very good posture. (If you don't actually have very good posture, it's a great illusion!)

Amanda said...

I've been wondering where you have been and what you have been knitting. The shrug is really cute. Perfect for the type of person who just wants to wear tank tops everyday (yeah, that's me).

-R- said...

Very cute!