Saturday, June 30, 2007

FO: Summertime Tunic


Ugh! So I just started to make corn muffins, got the egg cracked into the 1/3 cup of milk and everything, only to open up the Jiffy box and find the corn muffin mix covered in tiny, tiny ants. Strangest thing, they were just inside the box. Not a trace of them in the cabinet. How on earth did they get there?! It reminded me of my apartment senior year in college. It had a serious tiny ant problem even though the apartment was sprayed monthly. One time, I left the apartment and went shopping for a b-day present for my mom. I was out at the mall for a long while, shopped around, stopped for a hot pretzel, you know the drill. When I finally found something for my mom and held out my credit card to pay, there was one of those tiny ants on my wrist! It had hitched a ride on my body for HOURS!

Tonight, the corn muffins were going to be a treat for finally (finally!) finishing the "Summertime Tunic" from the summer 2007 issue of Inteweave Knits. I used Knit Picks Shine Worsted in "Bachelor Button" and size US 7 circular needles. That darn tunic was some sloooooow going. Especially since this past week I had a cold, threw out my back, aaaaand there were three days were it was, I kid you not, hotter than hell outside. Too hot to knit.

No comments: