Tuesday, June 5, 2007

My "Fad Classic"

My favorite knitting blogs are the ones with extensive, no-nonsense photos of finished objects, complete with extensive, no-nonsense details about the knitting of those objects. That's why, here at Law and Garter, I'll keep my Flickr album (check the sidebar) complete. I'll also give you all the details, here.

Here goes.



Here's the "Fad Classic," designed by Wendy at Knit and Tonic. I used size US 7 needles and (almost) three skeins of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in "Violet," which looked great in the skein, but looked more and more like Barney, the annoying dino, as I knitted along. The only modification I made to this size 34 garment was to not do any waist increases. In fact, instead of increasing, I decreased some more, though I don't remember how many times. I also don't remember how long this project took me. It got put on the back burner for a while, and I get the bulk of my knitting done while on the commuter train.

By the way, one round in the four-round stitch pattern calls for you to k1p1 into each stitch. I dreaded this round, because it took me so darn long --- until, that is, I discovered that I could k1p1 in time with Michael Jackson's Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough. Try it. You won't be sorry.

1 comment:

Dave said...

There's that smile we all know and love.