Monday, June 18, 2007

"Let Them Buy Knitting Books!"



Good news! I've got a job!

Well, truth be told, I already had a job. The real news is that I get to keep it. Where I work, your first two years on the job are, for lack of a better term, "probationary." When the two years are up, all the big cheeses get together to decide whether or not to "invite" you to stay. I recently got invited to stay! Yay!

In my life before knitting, to celebrate such an exciting event, I would have purchased a handbag. Now, to celebrate, I feed my knitting obsession.



I treated myself to Jacqueline Fee's "The Sweater Workshop". I have already made a few garments from the top down, but decided it was time to learn to make garments from the bottom up. I could always use a little learnin'. I was a good student and started the "Sweater Sampler" (while watching Sofia Coppola's "Marie Antoinette"). What a great way for a novice, like me, to learn such things as short-rows and to try a little two-color knitting!

(By the way, I'm not usually a fan of Kirsten Dunst. I find her acting leaves much to be desired, and, if I may be so snotty, the snaggleteeth bother me. But I quite enjoyed her in "Marie Antoinette." Quite a delicious film. "Like candy!")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your job.