Thursday, July 19, 2007

In the Meantime, In Between Time *


Why am I covered in teal colored fuzz? Because I finished the Split Neckline Cap-Sleeved Tee from Fitted Knits and did not like the picot edging. So I'm ripping it out and replacing it with some down-home 1x1 ribbing. Stay tuned for details...

In the meantime, I picked up some darling shoes. They're Jessica Simpson's brand (no joke) and they're fabulous! They have just a slight wedge, so they're close to being flats without being painfully flat, and a roomy toe box. Best of all, they're practical. And apparently, as evidenced by the offical line-up of shoes that I keep at the office, all I buy are "practical" shoes. (By the way, in case you're wondering, the freakish purple welt on my ankle in the above left photo is a mosquito bite! Ew!)


* Wow, do you guys remember The Party? They were the pop band that formed from cast members of the "New" Mickey Mouse Club -- you know, the same "New" Mickey Mouse Club as in Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake and that role model, Britney Spears. "In the Meantime, In Between Time" was The Party's second album. But my favorite was their 1990 self-titled debut. Was I a rockin' 10 year old, or what?

3 comments:

-R- said...

Those shoes look so cute! I was just thinking about the Jessica Simpson brand today because I have been resisting it since I hate Jessica Simpson, but I may have to give in soon because some of her shoes are just too cute.

-R- said...

Ok, sorry to hog your comments, but last year I really wanted those Nordstrom shoes in your second picture, but they didn't have them at the local Nordstroms so I had to get some more boring ones instead, as I desperately needed some black heels. Anyway, we have the same shoe taste!

carla said...

I have those Nordstrom shoes in navy! Do yours make sounds when you walk? I was in a partner's office last year wearing them, and when I turned to leave, they went "phht". I hesitated for a second, not knowing whether to explain that it was my SHOE not me or to ignore it, so I just turned red and left.