Monday, July 2, 2007

Things You Can Tell Just By Wearing It For 12 Hours

I debuted my Summertime Tunic today, and my love affair with it went a little something like this:

6:45 a.m.: Mmmm. Soft, comfortable. I feel so fashionable!

10:30 a.m. Great color! I love the way the Knit Picks Shine Worsted drapes across my hipfat.

12:42 p.m.: What's up with my side shaping? It looks so obvious. And it's quite roomy around the waist and hip. Ah, well. If it really bothers me, maybe I'll rip back from the bottom and re-do.

2:59 p.m.: Hm... The bottom is really, really roomy. And heavy. So heavy. So, so heavy.

5:12 p.m.: Good God, what was I thinking, wearing a strapless bra with these huge sandbags? I know I can't wear a strapless! Why would I make a garment that had to be worn with a strapless?!

5:14 p.m.: That was slick of me, slipping off my strapless on the train and stuffing it into my purse. Now my sandbags are touching my belly button, but at least it doesn't feel like my ribs are broken anymore.

6:06 p.m.: I feel like a hobo.

7:00 p.m.: Never again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It' such a cute sweater. What other yarn could be used for it not to be so heavy?

NH Knitting Mama said...

Funny story! ha ha...