Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Ring Around

So much knitting to catch up on, people! But first -- I have to say, I'm swooning! I've been added to the Knitting Blogs webring, and people other than my boyfriend and my mom have actually been reading this blog! And people have actually been leaving comments! I must thank these brave, kind souls: Amanda, -R-, Leslie, and Veronica. Thank you for making me feel welcome!

Okay. Now on to some knitty business. I'm finally trucking along on my Split-Neckline Cap-Sleeved Tee from Fitted Knits. I'm almost done with the body and it looks as if I'll have two entire, untouched balls of Cascade Yarns Invito Multicolor "Joan" left over. Whaaaa? How'd that happen?

Also, EZ, my bestest-friend-from-college, who you may also remember from "The Tale of the Catamaran of Evil, Or: Why Oatmeal Isn't So Great on the Way Back Up", came to visit this past weekend. And lo, who LOVED the Summertime Tunic more than I did? EZ! And it fit her better than it fit me! But I did warn her that while she may love it now, just give it 12 hours.

Finally, I just realized that Brooklyn General is near my workplace (yes, I must live under a rock), so I'm thinking of taking a field trip down there during lunch this week. If you're there, you'll probably spot me spending more money I don't have on more yarn that I don't need just yet.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

We started knitting at about the same time and I love that you are already making sweaters! I haven't left the scarf/hat/sock/blanket mode yet. What pattern have you done that is the easiest for a first timer?

Amanda said...

Thanks so much for your input! I have decided to try out Wendy's Fad-Classic sweater vest. It is knit top down, as you suggested, and is versatile enough to wear in the summer or in the fall over a long sleeved tee. There is no seaming, which I am horrible at. I am a little afraid I may be a little over ambitious with the pattern itself. It will be a challenge! Hopefully it works out.

...and what a small world, a fellow Chicagoan. You have to love the great mix of midwestern and cynic that thrives over here!

Janet said...

Ohhh, I can't wait to see how your Cap-Sleeved Tee turns out! I've had Fitted Knits for a couple months now and love all the patterns but haven't managed to cast on for anything just yet (which may have something to do with my immense guilt over the growing number of UFOs in this apartment)!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
I was added to Knitting Blogs when you were...yes, it's great to have other people finally visiting.
Vicki

maryskid said...

I got here via Norma's blog. I'm a lawyer too and a newish knitter (1 year). I'm enjoying browsing through your blog-thanks for sharing your insight.